Many prospective students come to the CLS program from colleges and universities in and around the state of Minnesota. To assist those students in preparing for admission, transfer guides have been developed for a number of institutions. These transfer guides list course requirements and their equivalent courses at your college or university. Please use these transfer guides to help you select the courses that will meet the program’s prerequisite course requirements.
Prerequisite and Course Level Guidelines
- All prerequisite and year 3 courses must be completed using the A-F grade scale
- No single grade lower than a C will be accepted toward admission to the program. Grades of C minus are not acceptable.
- It is at the programs discretion to accept a course for prerequisite or year 3 equivalency. The University of Minnesota accepts some courses as transferrable but the CLS program does not.
- If the course we require is a 2000 level course and the one you completed is a 3000 level in the same topic that will usually meet the requirement.
- If we require a 3000 level course and you completed a 2000 level course, the prerequisite course is probably not met.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- Your institution does not have a transfer guide below. We will be happy to review your transcript from your previous institution for equivalency.
- You have completed a course that you believe fulfills a prerequisite requirement but it is not listed on your institutions transfer guide.
- You have any additional questions regarding prerequisites and transfer equivalency.
University of Minnesota Coordinate Campuses
U of M Crookston
U of M Duluth
U of M Morris
U of M Rochester
MnSCU Contract Colleges
Minnesota State University - Mankato
St. Cloud State University
Winona State University
Anoka-Ramsey Community College - Cambridge Campus
Anoka-Ramsey Community College – Coon Rapids Campus
Fergus Falls Community College
Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College
Hibbing Community College
Inver Hills Community College
Minneapolis Community & Technical College
Normandale Community College
North Hennepin Community College
Riverland Community College
Rochester Community & Technical College
St. Paul College
Metropolitan State University
St. Catherine University
University of St. Thomas